Powered by CECity, the American Board of Internal Medicine survey is a tool through which ABIM wants to help doctors provide improved services to patients. ABIM is a non-profit association that wants people to get the best medical care possible. And sponsoring this survey is just one of the several initiatives it has taken in that path.
Patients or survey respondents are expected to provide honest answers to the questions so that they could help their doctors do a much better job going forward. The survey could take some time because it’s as comprehensive as it gets. Kindly note not all the questions in the survey have to be answered. However, the more questions you answer, the better would be the outcome.
About American Board of Internal Medicine
Founded in 1936, the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) helps establish uniform physician standards. In other words, if a physician or any other medical professional has an ABIM certification, it means the individual has demonstrated to the public and his/her peers clinical skills, judgment, and attitudes required for delivering excellent patient care. ABIM doesn’t provide memberships; it’s essentially a non-profit, physician-led organization that independently evaluates medical professionals.
ABIM certifies every fourth physician in America. Besides standing for the highest internal medicine standard, ABIM also looks into 20 subspecialties, which include adolescent medicine, cardiovascular disease, critical care medicine, gastroenterology, medical oncology, and nephrology, to name a few. ABIM also provides a certification program in Hospital Medicine Maintenance. Though not a subspecialty, the course is an Internal Medicine certification variation.
How to Participate in the American Board of Internal Medicine Survey
You Will Need:
- A computer or mobile device with Internet connection.
- Physician ID number.
- Ability to read and comprehend English or Spanish.
- For the survey, head to survey.abim.org.
- On the page, you would be presented with the option to take the survey in English or Spanish. Choose the language of your choice.
- You would then be asked to enter your physician ID. Once having entered the ID, click Begin Survey and you would then be directed to the primary survey questions.
- Answer the questions honestly, taking your past experiences into consideration. Your responses would be confidential and your physician would not know the negative feedback (if any) was from you. So, do not hesitate to be straightforward and frank.
- In fact, the responses won’t reach the particular doctor. Your answers would head to ABIM for their due perusal.
- Make sure you have visited the physician you are discussing in the survey at least once in the past 12 months. If not, the questions won’t apply. In case you are slated to visit the particular doctor in the future, take this survey after your visit.
- If you’re not sure about the survey or have some doubts, contact ABIM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- American Board of Internal Medicine Official Site: http://www.abim.org/